Dear all

Please see below for details of a one day conference organised by the
Visitor Studies Group (www.visitors.org.uk) at the Museum of London
Docklands********* *on 5th February 2009.  To book download a booking
form from http://www.visitors.org.uk/node/251

On behalf of the organising committee
Dr Olga Fakatseli
VSG Treasurer

*Keeping in Touch: Learning from sustained relationships with audiences*
*Museum** of **London** Docklands*
*5 February 2009**, **10am- 4pm***

We all strive to build ongoing relationships with our users and
stakeholders, but how can we draw on these relationships to create more
successful visitor experiences? The 2009 Visitor Studies Group
(http://www.visitors.org.uk) one day conference and AGM will explore the
potential benefits and pitfalls of consulting and evaluating in this way
through case studies and debate.

During the course of the day the conference will address the following:

    * How can sustained relationships with community groups, schools,
      volunteers, families and others be used to inform the development
      of visitor experiences?
    * What are the pros and cons of using sustained relationships in
      developing exhibitions and programmes?
    * What can we learn from different types of sustained relationships?
    * How can building and maintaining relationships lead to long-term
      benefits for organisations?

*Speakers include:*

    * Sandra Bicknell, Director, BUnlimited
    * Steve Griggs, Director, Creative Research
    * Lucie Fitton, Inclusion Officer, Museum of London
    * Sara Priem, Head of Marketing, The Jewish Museum
    * Denise Foster and Jess Monaghan, National Trust

*Who is it for?*

Museum, cultural, and natural heritage professionals, audience
researchers, students, and all those with an interest in how visitor
research can inform interpretation and foster decision-making to the
benefit of their institutions.

*Benefits for attendees:*

    * /Opportunities for learning to increase confidence in achieving
      sustained relationships in their organisations/
    * /Practical guidelines for conducting research in the area of
      sustained relationships/
    * /Improving practices through learning from others/
    * /Expertise and examples through case-studies/
    * /A forum for discussion in order to share ideas, thoughts,
      experiences and concerns /
    * /Networking opportunities/
    * /A post-event online discussion forum through the VSG website/