Dear All,

Just a reminder that today we will have *Chris Gordon* from Oxford to
talk about:

Constraining the primordial fluctuations with cluster number counts

A crucial question in Cosmology is: What is the form of the primordial
power spectrum (PPS)? The simplest models of inflation are consistent
with a smooth power law parameterizations for the PPS, but if there are
multiple fields or discontinuities in the inflaton potential, then it is
possible to get features in the PPS.
Clusters are the largest bound structures in the Universe and their
number density is very sensitive to the variance of the matter field. I
will discuss how this sensitivity can be used to probe the primordial
power spectrum. In particular, I will show that for wave numbers greater
than $0.2 h Mpc^{-1}$, cluster number counts can be a valuable
complement to the CMB in constraining the form of the PPS.

The seminar will be at 12 noon in H503 (Huxley Building-South Kensington
Campus).
We will go to lunch with the speaker at 1pm.

Now, you can find the previous talks' slides on the following website
too (it also shows the schedule for the future talks):
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/theoreticalphysics/seminars/cosmology
Just click on the title and then the 'PDF Slides' for each talk.

Cheers,
Paniez