Dear Colleague,

If you have alerts set up in MEDLINE, please note the following message
from Ovid, who supplies the MEDLINE database to the National Library for
Health:

Every year around this time, the National Library of Medicine (NLM)
begins preparations towards a reload of its product MEDLINE. The
duration of the reload phase usually depends on the nature of database
changes being made. In past years there have been field changes (new
fields being added or deleted, changes in data format, etc.) in addition
to standard MeSH changes (usually consisting of deleting some terms,
modifying term scope notes, and the addition of many new terms).
Typically, we send out three emails detailing: the beginning of the
process, a mid-way check-in, and a final approach signaling a firm date
for when the database updates will begin anew. This year, primarily for
internal reasons as well as the fact that few changes are being made to
MEDLINE this year, we were unable to send out the first of the three
messages in a timely fashion.

The reload, which occurs annually, allows the NLM to update the
controlled language MeSH(r) thesaurus and make other updates to the
database fields.  While this maintenance is being performed, no new
records are added to MEDLINE.  During the period of time that the NLM is
finalizing its data, no updates are sent to any licensee, and thus
MEDLINE is not updated until the reload is complete.

Best wishes,

Ovid Technologies

A Wolters Kluwer business

This electronic message contains information from the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by email (to the email address above) immediately.