Dear Colleagues

Can anyone provide an answer?

My understanding of Copyright Law, is that the Copyright of any documents produced by Trust staff whilst at work belongs to the Trust.

If a member of staff writes articles for publication, (when the Copyright usually belongs to the publisher) or guidelines for non Trust purposes during their “work time” who does the Copyright belong to?

I would be grateful for any advice on this.

Regards

Christine

Christine McRoy

Library and Information Services Manager

The Ben Wood Library

Birmingham Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Tel 0121  333 8642

Fax 0121 333 8641

Directorate of Governance and Education

This material has been checked by us for computer viruses using
CA Etrust ITM and although no virus has been found by us, we cannot
guarantee that it is completely free from such problems and we do not
accept any liability for loss or damage which may be caused. This
communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Any information, materials, graphics, and/or opinions posted by the
sender are those of the respective sender and do not necessarily reflect
the opinion of Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust unless
explicitly stated to the contrary.