Hi,

We are in the process of reviewing our policy re periodicals binding. I
would be very grateful for any information on what other institutions
are doing  - specifically:

            Do you still bind periodicals?

            If yes, what criteria do you use for selecting titles to
bind?

            Do you use an in house binder or external supplier, (who??)

If you have stopped binding periodicals has this had implications for
the management of your collections? ie do more parts go missing; is it
harder for users to find the issue they want etc

What do you do about material needing rebind or repair - periodicals or
monographs?

Any information on any or all of the above questions would be really
helpful.

I will summarize responses for the list. All responses will be reported
anonymously.

Many thanks

Elaine

Elaine Lewis

Library Services Manager

Library Customer Support

Main Library

Library Services

University of Birmingham

B15 2TT

Tel: 0121 414 2785   Email:[log in to unmask]