CILIP Training & Development are pleased to announce our new training programmes for 2009. Here's a selection of what we have in store February.

Don't forget - CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP training.

CRITICAL APPRAISAL SKILLS FOR HEALTHCARE LIBRARIANS: THE BASICS
3 FEBRUARY 2009, LONDON
A CILIP course designed to give you the skills to critically evaluate research papers and interpret their findings, providing a solid introduction to the processes and techniques used when critically appraising research papers in the healthcare field.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
* Critical appraisal of quantitative research
* Critical appraisal of a systematic review
* Qualitative research vs. quantitative research

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2009/libinfo/crticalappraisalskillsforhealthcarelibrariansthebasics.htm

HOW TO BE AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR **New Course**
24 FEBRUARY 2009, LONDON
The ability to be an effective communicator and influence others will make your job easier! Gain an understanding of the personal styles of you and your colleagues and clients and learn the skills and knowledge needed to open up new or blocked communication channels.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
* Different communication styles and preferences
* Interpretations of personal profiles
* Adjusting your personal style to accommodate needs
* Strategies and techniques to influence others
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2009/md/howtobeaneffectivecommunicator.htm

You can browse our full selection of courses for February and the rest of 2009, online. See what we have in store: http://www.cilip.org.uk/trainingcourses

Don't forget, all CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP Training courses.