There is a reason for not calling the PCT. These are 4 PCs that were configured for our practice with McAfee already installed. When connected to the network they fail to update - ?? setting somewhere within McAfee.

The reason for not getting the PCT involved further - they dropped the 4 PCs off some time ago. If they install they will take the 4 older (very useful pentium PCs) that these are replacing. We desperately need these PCs elsewhere in the practice - BUT I know that any please to them to do that will fall on deaf ears and they will 'whisk' them away. The last bunch of our very useful PCs they took away - and then subsequently gave away on request to anyone who asked - less the hard disk. We could have applied for some PCs (minus hard disk), but instead of our relatively new PCs we could have ended up with any old crap. They were also only available for external use. A cray world we live in, but for the sake of re-deploying 4 PCs in our practice I must do this myself - or loose them!!! Otherwise I would ask them to sort. Do EMIS do the McAffee configuration??

Paul Bromley

2008/12/15 Geoff Schrecker <[log in to unmask]>
2008/12/15 Adrian Midgley <[log in to unmask]>:
> 2008/12/15 Paul Bromley <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>> On trying to update McAffee from the Internet via auto-update, getting
>> the following error message:-
>>
>> Installation Error 0x80004005
>
> From the school of obfusc error messages.
>

> Just a question though ... does a PC configured by your PCT have no
> antivirus installed?
>
> Seems worrying.
>

> --
> Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/

As the man rightly points out this is you PCTs responsibility. Call
their support desk (or get one of your staff to).

Cheers Geoff

--
Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments unless by prior
arrangement.

Best Wishes

Paul Bromley

www.informatiks.com