From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">Markus Gschwind
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: [FSL] DTI acquisitions have different A-P distortions

Hi Daniel!

Thank you for your comments.

Actually I am not sure what the sequence within this two acquisitions are.

All I know is that in what I called "interleaved" the multiple averages was chosen to 2 (I believe it is on the card "Diffusion" where also "MDDW" and "free" can be chosen).

When converting the dicoms by MriConvert it comes like this b0 b0 d1 d1 d2 d2 d3 d3  etc
(when converting by dcm2nii it comes like this b0 d1 d2 d3 d4 ... b0 d1 d2 d3 d4 etc.).
I am thus not sure what exactly the scanner is doing (as mentioned it is a TrioTIM Syngo VB15).

Do you know?

Anyway I learned that I should not choose multiple averages within one sequence... but just run the sequence several times.

Thank you!
Markus