Hi,

Yes I suspect you're right that the cluster just isn't big enough to
be significant. If you raise the cluster-forming threshold that _may_
help somewhat but that's no guarantee that it will reach significance.

In general you get most sensitivity when the smoothing extent matches
the signal extent so the comment about smoothing may possibly help.

Cheers.

On 1 Dec 2008, at 17:26, Hilary watson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was also wondering  if small clusters were failing to come out in my
> analysis.  I ask because when I run feat query using a right
> hippocampal
> mask there appears to be significant voxels (as indicated by max z
> value)
> that don't show up when I do pre-threshold masking (using the same
> rhipp
> mask).  I thought this may be because the cluster may be too small
> for the
> threshold I am using, however when I do use higher threshold this
> doesn't
> seem to make a difference.
>
> Someone recommended I reduce the width of my spatial filter.. could
> this help?
>
> Sorry if this isn't clear.
>
> Hilary

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)