Note from AJ: I pay by Paypal and it couldn't be simpler.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Johnson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 2:52 PM
To: Recipient list suppressed:
Subject: Message for you from David Johnson: Does Russia Still Matter?

Dear JRL recipient or future recipient,

I know that bad economic times are affecting all of us. But the important
work of Johnson's Russia List must continue.

Now that JRL must be self-supporting from the recipients it is very
important that everyone who values JRL help out. If you have not contributed
in 2008 please step forward. If you already have please accept my deep
appreciation.

With new presidents in both Russia and the United States we should be seeing
interesting new developments in 2009. JRL will help you stay on top of the
news.

JRL is a tremendous resource and a huge bargain for Russia watchers. Please
don't take it for granted.

Contributions to support JRL should be made out to the World Security
Institute. $50 is the normal suggested contribution. Business people should
contribute more. A basic or student contribution of $25 is also valuable,
and completely affordable.

Be one of the first 30 to give a gift of $100 or more to JRL and you'll get
a FREE one-year subscription to Russian Life magazine - a $33 value!
Russian Life is the 51-year-old bimonthly magazine of Russian culture,
history, travel and life. For more information (or if you miss the
deadline), visit www.russianlife.com

You may send a check made out to WSI to:
      The World Security Institute Attn: JRL
      1779 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
      Washington, DC 20036-2109

Please indicate that you wish to support Johnson's Russia List.

You can make a credit card contribution thru Paypal by going to this
location:
http://www.cdi.org/russia/johnson/funding.cfm

Or you can make a credit card contribution by contacting Judy Edwards at WSI
at 202-797-5260.
(If you have difficulties reaching her let me know.)

A bank transfer is possible. Contact me for details.

If you are a U.S. taxpayer your contribution will be tax-deductible.

Direct any questions or comments to me.

David

p.s. Let me know you have read this message and I will send you today's
collection of Russia news.
I think you will enjoy it.