From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Claire Wickham
Sent: 12 December 2008 14:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NHS seconded students

Hi, if anyone can help on this I'd be very grateful:

A student who works for an NHS trust is being seconded to attend a 2-year Dip in Adult Nursing. Apparently because she is seconded she is ineligible for the DSAs from the NHS. Has anyone any experience of this and of then managing to get funding from Access to work and/or the NHS Trust to cover such a student's support needs?

with thanks,

Claire

Claire Wickham
Senior Disability Officer
Disability Resource Centre
University of the West of England
Frenchay Campus
Coldharbour Lane
Bristol BS16 1QY

Tel: 0117 328 3737
Textphone: 0117 32 83644
Fax: 0117 32 82935

Please note that this e-mail was written using speech input and may contain some small voice recognition errors.

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found