Looking forward to the template!

I've been working under the assumption that application profiles need
adapted definitions (or "display texts") for many of the properties,
usually tied to the usage guidelines.

Being able to reuse the definition from the property definition is
generally a good idea though. In many cases one would just reuse that.

/Mikael

sön 2008-11-30 klockan 17:29 -0800 skrev Karen Coyle:
> I've been working on a short, (hopefully) easy to read html template
> for recording the properties in an application profile. I want this
> template to adhere is much as possible to the DSP so that it could
> have the DSP code underlying it. I'll post the template for discussion
> when I get it done and test it out on a few of the APs that we have on
> the site.
>
> Meanwhile, it seems to me that one of the things that will be needed
> in metadata definitions is the display text that the community wishes
> to use for the property. There may be some display text in the
> registered properties, but I wonder if APs should be able to either
> select or override displays. The other option is that we assume that
> display is defined primarily in the application itself. Ideas?
>
> kc

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose