Thanks, Mikael! Wow, pictures really are worth a good number of words.

So the segment of the scenario we are talking about reads:

# the 2 DVD (manifestation) is a part of the manifestation of the Ford
at Fox Collection ... ?
ex:A frbr:realization [ frbr:embodiment [ frbr:part ex:P ] ; ] .

This is a statement about a series -- that the manifestation belongs
to a named series. I'm not sure this works, but I AM sure that the
treatment of series is rather odd, both in AACR and RDA. I will create
a simple scenario with a series that hopefully will make it easier to
see these relationships. As I said, this scenario is waaaaay over my
head.

kc

--
--  ---