I'm not a Karen, but I play one on TV :-)

The scriblio.net data set (Dec 2006 LC Bibliographic, ~7M records, MARC21 format with MARC8 Charset) are available off of the Fred 2.0 downloads page, as are the harvested Fred2.0 authority files from the same dates (+/- \epsilon}

http://www.ibiblio.org/fred2.0/

Much more if you want it, but that's a good set to get started on.

Simon