I agree with Kevin,  s29 as I understand can only be invoked if criminal
activity is either suspected or otherwise proven.

Depending on the circumstances surrounding this case, I would look at
one of two things:

First , if practical advise organisation to apply for Court Order,
s35(1)) exemption is invoked and it's a straightforward process.

If not, due to the circumstances then I would Make an assessment under
s35 (not 29 as it is not criminal) taking into account the level of
fairness (s35(1)), if there is a strong case then I would invoke s35 and
defend/put my arguments forward if it was challenged.

However, I am very much open to arguments for and against this course of
action.

Many thanks

Regards

trish

Trish Bailey

Information Governance

Telford & Wrekin Council

Civic Offices, PO Box 59

Telford, TF3 4WZ

www.telford.gov.uk <http://www.telford.gov.uk>

em:    [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

tel:     01952 382535