***Apologies for cross-posting***

Traditions and Transformations:

Tourism, Heritage and Cultural Change in the

Middle East and North Africa Region

4 - 7 April 2009, Amman, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

I am writing to draw your attention to the above conference which has
attracted researchers and professionals from over 30 countries. This
international event, which will be addressed by the United Nation's
World Tourism Organisation, will:

*        Present the very latest research on tourism development,
heritage management and cultural issues from scholars inside and outside
the Middle East and North Africa Region;

*        Allow a unique opportunity for delegates to network and discuss
some of the most pressing issues surrounding the relationships between
tourism, heritage and culture;

*        Offer professionals, government agencies, regional
organisations and academics the opportunity to showcase the best of
their research and practical cases to an international audience.

The conference programme as it presently stands can be found at:

http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-MENA/C-MENA%20brochure%20&%20registr
ation%20form_final.pdf

We hope that you will agree that we have put together a fascinating
conference which, as well as providing an important forum for research,
also allows you to network with a truly international group of academics
and professionals involved with tourism, culture and heritage. The
conference will also allow delegates to see at first hand some of the
issues being discussed in Jordan.

Please check on the conference web pages for updates -
www.tourism-culture.com <http://www.tourism-culture.com/>

For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me.

With best wishes

Daniela Carl

Conference Manager

=====

Daniela Carl

Centre for Tourism and Cultural Change

Faculty of Arts & Society

Leeds Metropolitan University

Old School Board

Calverley Street

Leeds

LS1 3ED

UK

phone +44 (0)113- 812 8541

fax +44 (0)113- 812 8544

www.tourism-culture.com

=====

Forthcoming Events

 Traditions and Transformations:

Tourism, Heritage and Cultural Change in the Middle East and North
Africa Region

4-7 April 2009, Amman, Jordan

Resorting to the Coast:

Tourism, Heritage and Cultures of the Seaside

25-29 June 2009, Blackpool, United Kingdom

11th Royal Anthropological Institute International Festival of
Ethnographic Film

1-4 July 2009, Leeds, United Kingdom

Emotion in Motion:

The Passions of Tourism, Travel and Movement

4-7 July 2009, Leeds, United Kingdom

New MA Course

MA Cultural Tourism

For more information please go to www.tourism-culture.com