Hello everyone,

I am trying to run coot  version coot-Linux-i686-ubuntu-6.06.1-gtk2
(from binary) on Ubuntu 8.04.1(Hardy Heron). When I start running coot
at first everything seems to be OK. After working for a while the
lines in the display suddenly gain a dashed appearance. (See attached
screenshot).  There are no error messages anywhere. There is no way to
revert to the normal appearance unless I restart coot. This  problem
occurs even with older versions of coot ...which probably indicates it
is not a coot problem at all. However I haven't seen this problem when
I use other graphical applications.
I apologize for not having better trouble-shooting info. Does anyone
have an idea of what might be causing this and how to solve this?

This is what my fglrxinfo says ( ...it seems to be OK)
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600
OpenGL version string: 2.1.7412 Release

my libgtk2.0-0 version is 2.12.9-3ubuntu5

Many thanks
Petra