Dear all,

It was agreed at the York conference last year that I would synthesise the paperwork for a proposal to the BPS for a Community Psychology Section, once the moratorium on new sections was lifted. The moratorium was lifted in September this year, and I have been working with a number of folk (who have made substantive contributions) to develop the proposal. We hope to present the proposal to a meeting of the Research Board of the BPS on 24 February 2009.

I am hoping that the draft proposal will be available for comment in the next couple of weeks (the last iteration needs a couple of tweaks before going to the working group for final amendments, before circulation to the list).

In the meantime (and this is where I need your help), I need to compile a list of BPS Fellows/Associate Fellows and Chartered Psychologists who would be willing to sign a declaration of support for the establishment of such a section. So, if you fit into this category, or know anyone who would be willing to be listed and sign a declaration when I have the paperwork ready, please let me have the person’s name, institutional affiliation and email address (by email to my address below rather than replying to the list).

With thanks,

Jacqui

Dr Jacqui Akhurst

Principal Lecturer: Psychology

Faculty of Health and Life Sciences

York St John University

Lord Mayors Walk

YORK YO31 7EX

England

Tel: +44 (0)1904 876744

Email: [log in to unmask]

___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK For any problems or queries, contact the list moderators: Rebekah Pratt ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask]) ___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK For any problems or queries, contact the list moderators: Rebekah Pratt ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])