Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position at Cold Spring Harbor
Laboratory from highly enthusiastic individuals with strong interest in
conducting structural and electrophysiological approaches to solve problems
in ion channels, transporters, receptors and intramembrane enzymes involved
in neuronal synaptic transmission. Our group use x-ray crystallography to
acquire atomic structures of target proteins and electrophysiology to verify
functional hypotheses gleaned from the structures. We are also interested in
developing general methods to facilitate structural biology of eukaryotic
membrane/glyco proteins. Candidates must hold (or soon expect to hold) PhD
in protein biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics or related field.
Strong background in molecular biology, large-scale protein expression in
eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells, and protein purification is required.
Experience in x-ray crystallography or electrophysiology is highly desirable
but not necessary. For more information, please check the laboratory website
(http://www.cshl.edu/public/SCIENCE/furukawa.html)

Candidates should send a CV with three references to:

Hiro Furukawa
Assistant Professor
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724

or by email at [log in to unmask]