Hello everyone,

I am working on a yeast membrane protein, about 100 KDa.
The protein is expressed as an inclusion body in E coli even at 18 C. The
problem is solved when MBP is fused to the N terminus of the protein.
The resulting protein is ~140 KDa, pI 6.0. The expression level is moderate.
After cell disruption and fractionation by high speed spin (100K g), the
protein land in the pellet fraction as expected for a membrane protein.
The pellet is then solublised in various conditions and assessed for solubility.
Buffer I used: 50 mM phosphate pH 7.5, 250 mM NaCl, 5% Glycerol
With different detergents at final concentration of
 - 0.1% ~ 4% Trition X 100
 - 4% OG
 - 2% DDM
 - 2% DM
 - 4% CHAPS
 - 2% C8En
 - 2% C12En
 - 2% Cymal-4,-5,-6
 - 2% MEGA-10
 - 2% HEGA-10
 - 2% SDS

Only SDS can completely solubilise the protein, other detergents solublise
less than 10%...

Can anyone offer some advice? really appreciated

Kien