The combination of for example 10-120x stereo-zoom magnification, good
optical quality, bright- and dark-field illumination,
and only 3000 US$ is NOT possible unless:

1) you are willing to buy a second hand of quality brands like Leica,
Zeiss, Olympus or Nikon (my preference)
2) you buy a low quality brand and you will later regret having done
that .....

My two cents of advice, go for a SECOND HAND or, get more funding i.e.
at least triple the amount

- J. -

--
Dr. Jeroen R. Mesters
Gruppenleiter Strukturelle Neurobiologie und Kristallogenese