From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Raji
Edayathumangalam
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Quikchange cloning: Insert length

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the non-xtallo posting.

I am curious to hear what is the longest insert anyone has cloned
using a modification of the Quikchange cloning strategy. Basically,
ligation-independent cloning by strapping on homologous regions of
the vector onto the primers which also generate the initial PCR
product. I plan to proceed with my insert which is ~ 2kb and am
curious to get some feedback if you have successfully cloned inserts
 > 1.5kb using the above strategy.

Many thanks.
Raji