When discussing this issue, perhaps we should not lose sight of
the fact that the statistics behind Rp.i.m. assume 'independent
observations'. Surely doing more than one rotation about the
same axis is likely to repeat the same systematic errors?

George

Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,
University of Goettingen,