The musicians amongst you might be interested in the following
dissemination event.

Emma

________________________________

From: Hayley Birch [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 27 November 2008 15:35
Subject: Calling all science-inspired musicians

Hi all,

I'm part of a team putting together an online music festival called Geek
Pop and am looking for musicians (I use the term loosely - you don't
have to have a record label) who have written, or would like to write,
songs about science.  We already have five artists signed up for the
event, which is scheduled for next March in National Science and
Engineering Week, and are looking for another 10-15.

The event ran for the first time in 2008 and drew an audience of over
10,000, as well as interest from UK newspapers and international science
magazines, so anyone taking part should be assured of some great
exposure.

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested in creating
some "sci-pop" music for our festival.  There is much more information
at: http://www.geekpop.co.uk/

In addition, I should say that the whole event is free and organised in
the spirit of "a bit of giggle".  However, we would like to be able to
publicise it more widely, so if anyone has any good ideas for sources of
very minimal/in-kind funding, e.g. to pay our illustrator, who put
together some lovely publicity material last year, and to develop our
website, I would be most grateful.

Kind regards,

Hayley.

---

www.geekpop.co.uk

The world's only virtual sci-pop festival

Be there and be square

6-15th March 2009

---

Hayley Birch
Science Writer/Editor

+44 (0)798 958 2299
+44 (0)203 239 5822
Skype: gingerbread-girl

7 Dugar Walk, Redland, Bristol BS6 7DH

www.manyfinewords.co.uk <http://www.manyfinewords.co.uk/>

1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send
an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

2. To resume email from the list, send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
message:

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including
list archive, can be found at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication
and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk

6. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]