I am very pleased to say that following a successful application to the
Heritage Lottery Fund, the Gallery will be announcing today that we are
now able to acquire the painted portrait of Mary Seacole by Albert
Challen.

This has also been made possible by a number of contributions and I am
most grateful to all those who have contributed and supported.

Sandy Nairne

----

Sandy Nairne

Director

National Portrait Gallery  St Martin's Place  London WC2H OHE

Direct T 020 7312 2400  F 020 7306 0064  www.npg.org.uk
<http://www.npg.org.uk/>

click here <http://www.patronmailuk.com/bnmailweb/PatronSetup?oid=29>
to register for the Gallery's e-newsletter

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the attention of
the addressee(s). Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying
is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy
all copies and inform the sender by return e-mail.
----