Apologies for re-sending the following.  Please find the correct date.

***

Dear Colleague,

Disability Equality Partnership Research Seminar: University of Ulster, 28 January 2009

Please find attached a publicity poster for the Disability Equality Partnership (DEP) Research Seminar to be held at the University of the Ulster on 28 January 2009.  I would be grateful if you could circulate the information to relevant colleagues and associates who may be interested in attending.

The seminar will focus on formal diagnosis of mental health need.  There are 30 free-of-charge places available for this seminar, which will be allocated on a strictly first-come-first served basis.

To book a place, please email [log in to unmask] by 12.00pm Wednesday 21 January 2009.  Please indicate if you have any accessibility or dietary requirements at the time of booking.

Regards,

Kit

Dr Kit Fan

Project Officer

Tel. +44 (0) 1904 717500 ex 3324

Fax. +44 (0) 1904 717505

Email. [log in to unmask]

The Higher Education Academy

Innovation Way

York Science Park

Heslington

York

YO10 5BR

www.heacademy.ac.uk

Disability Equality Partnership

Inclusive policy and practice: Research Seminar Series

You are cordially invited to attend the next seminar in our series:

“Towards Evidence Based Practice:

An Investigation of the Needs of University Students for Whom a Formal Diagnosis of Mental Health Need Has Been Made: Findings and Further Actions”

Facilitated by

Sue Steging

Head of Student Support

Wednesday 28 January 2009

University of Ulster

Jordanstown Campus, Cromore Road, Co Londonderry, BT52 1SA

12.30 pm – 2pm

__________

The seminar will report on the findings of a survey commissioned by the department of Student Support at Ulster on formal diagnosis of mental health need.

The seminar will report on the actions taken after the survey.  These include:

§  A national conference, emphasising the themes of recovery and empowerment.

§  The ongoing  delivery of  ASIST (accredited “suicide first aid”) training

§  A training needs analysis and ongoing mental health training

§  The development of a peer mentoring project

§  The identification of a need for further research

There are 30 free-of-charge places available for this seminar, which will be allocated on a strictly first-come-first served basis.  You should await confirmation of a place before attending.

To reserve your place, please email [log in to unmask] by 12.00pm Wednesday 21 January 2009.  Please indicate if you have any accessibility or dietary requirements at the time of booking.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131