If I recall correctly Fred Apple talked about this at AACC this year. If above the 99th centile that is ACS not necessarily AMI.  On-admission and 6h sampling with 12 hour if on admission not raised. Values > 0.01ng/ml for Trop T meant cardiac damage and if it wasn’t rising it was chronic. According to me the LLQ for this assay is 0.03ng/ml, but he may have a super-sensitive assay. Makes sense if we could do it?

Ian

Dr Ian D Watson

Consultant Biochemist & Toxicologist

Dept Clinical Biochemistry

University Hospital Aintree

Lower Lane

Liverpool

L9 7AL

Tel +44 151 529 3575

Fax +44 151 529 3310

Fundamentals of Analytical Toxicology recently published:
http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470319356.html