My understanding, form when I used to sit on an LREC, was that as part of the application you indicated how long samples would be stored for, and if, once the initial research was completed they would be anonymised. Maybe you should check this with your local LREC administrator.

Also, I found this which if I read it correctly implies that if it has gone through an LREC, then you do not need a separate licence.

http://idrn.org/researcher_resources/human_tissue_act_resource/questions_and_answers/

Best of luck filling out the LREC forms!!

Gary

G. C. Mascall

Consultant in Clinical Biochemistry

Worcestersire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust