In the ‘old’ days (late’70s) we used to measure digitoxin using the digoxin immunoassay.  That was in Guildford and if my memory serves me right, we used an in house method, where the antibody cross reacted to an extent with digitoxin (and other cardiac glycosides).  Of course you had to use digitoxin standards, but it gave reasonable results.  Of course the ‘target’ range for digitoxin is on a magnitude greater than that of digoxin, and of course it is less affected by renal function, since it is largely metabolised by the liver.

Graham

Graham Mould, PhD

Consultant Pharmacist

Direct Tel: +44 (0) 1483 684810

Fax: +44 (0) 1483 683481

Email: [log in to unmask]

Surrey Technology Centre

Surrey Research Park, Occam Road

Guildford, Surrey GU2 7YG

Please note my new telephone number.

 If you have difficulty in returning this email please try;