It may well depend on the generation of assay in use. A limit of
detection of 0.1 ug/L seems a bit high for the new 2nd generation ultra
sensitive cTnI assay, but is possible for the original cTnI assay. The
ultra sensitive assay has a limit of detection of about 0.03 to 0.05
ug/L (sources vary). However, a cursory search suggests that 0.1 ug/L
has been used as a diagnostic threshold for cTnI, but I leave it to
others better placed to comment on how widespread this is - we do not
use the assay for diagnosis of MI.

Best wishes,

Dave

Dave

Dr David Hardy
Senior Scientist,
Regulatory Clinical Pathology, DSRD,
Pfizer Ltd,
Sandwich,
Kent CT13 9NJ
Tel: +44 (0)1304 640619
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

    LEGAL NOTICE

     Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and

     may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access
     this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not an
     addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail
or
     any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorised
and
     may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the
sender
     immediately.

     Pfizer Limited is registered in England under No. 526209 with its
     registered office at Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ