Yes we had the exact same experience but we had for years believed it
was always too high with many complaints from physicians. When we
corrected it we sent them a letter explaining it was more in keeping
with other methods and we now had a more standard reference range (in
keeping with the literature) and we have a tagged addendum to each
bilirubin result for 6 months stating that all values have dropped.
Everyone is happy especially the Oncologists, the Infectious Disease and
the GI guys.

Elizabeth Mac Namara
Montreal