Cheryl,

Thank you for broadening the circle, and inviting Cathryn in. Indeed - Cathryn is a gifted artist and facilitator - who's engaging in some very thoughtful work in the field. I wholeheartedly endorse her.

Nick

________________________________

From: Aesthetics, Creativity, and Organisations Research Network on behalf of cheryl kerr
Sent: Fri 05/12/2008 8:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: new member for AACORN

Dear ACCORN colleagues and friends - I thoroughly relished the Banff Centre conference and was engaged in ways that don't often occur in conferences.  At that conference I presented a workshop (and backed by a paper) that was conducted by myself and Cathryn Lloyd.

I would like now to nominate Cathryn Lloyd as a member of ACCORN, and believe there are others who will second that invitation to Cathryn.

Below is information about Cathryn and I look forward to your responses and consideration.

Best wishes, greetings for the season, hopefully, of interpersonal joy and thanksgiving,

Cheers,

Cheryl Kerr, EdD

QUT, and Pacific Point Exchange

Australia

CATHRYN LLOYD

Cathryn Lloyd graduated from the Queensland College of Art with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Graphic Design in 1989.  1990-2001 Cathryn ran her art and design studio, producing commercial and bespoke fabric design and textile products for galleries, government, corporate and private clients. She has tutored and facilitated numerous art and design workshops for arts organisations.  She has lectured and designed course material for Southbank Creative Industries Design and Visual Arts department and tutored at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). In 2001 Cathryn moved to London. At this point her career moved into another creative sphere when she took on the role of Professional Training Manager and Study Abroad Co-ordinator at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London.  During this time her passion for bringing art and business together was consolidated as she became involved in developing courses and creating relationships between the arts and business. She worked with a wonderfully creative group of tutors, designers, and artists developing and delivering arts-based training programs for clients such as BBC, Sony, WCRS, WPP Communications and the Danish Marketing Association.

Returning to Australia in 2005 Cathryn turned her interest in arts-based learning into doctoral research by enrolling in the Doctor of Creative Industries at QUT which she is currently undertaking.  She is investigating the role of arts-based learning and how artful processes and facilitation can be used in a range of learning environments.  Cathryn holds a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training, a Diploma of Training and Assessment Systems, and a Diploma of Management from the Chartered Management Institute in the UK. In 2006 she established Maverick Minds an arts-based learning and development consultancy. Recently Cathryn presented her paper and model The Sphere of Professional Artistry: the art of knowing what to do when you don't know what to do at the Fourth Art of Management Conference in Banff.  Currently Cathryn is collaborating with the Australian Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies to develop arts-based professional development workshops in relation to mediation, conflict resolution and peacebuilding.  She continues to devote time to her own arts practice.  Cathryn's work, research and arts practice are inextricably linked.