Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Childs said:
> Wow service discovery works now!

It's worked to some extent for several years, although we're currently
trying to improve it and make sure that all services are published
consistently. Note that the WMS UI clients can be configured to use
service discovery dynamically to find a wms, so you don't necessarily
have to configure one. However, there is a problem that it currently
doesn't know about myproxy so the job could go to a wms that isn't
trusted by your myproxy if you use one. That information is present,
i.e. myproxies publish the brokers they trust, but the UI doesn't yet
use it.

> Still think it would be helpful to document such things elsewhere.

Such as where? The wms node type is in the goc db, but not by VO unless
the comments mention it. A static web page is likely to become obsolete
fairly quickly.

Stephen
--
Scanned by iCritical.