-----Original Message-----
From: Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Graeme Stewart
Sent: 24 November 2008 21:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Analysis challenge in the UK tomorrow

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Graeme Stewart
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> We intend to start an ATLAS analysis challenge tomorrow at the
> following UK sites:
>
> UKI-LT2-RHUL
> UKI-NORTHGRID-LANCS-HEP
> UKI-NORTHGRID-LIV-HEP
> UKI-NORTHGRID-SHEF-HEP
> UKI-SCOTGRID-GLASGOW
> UKI-SOUTHGRID-OX-HEP
> UKI-SOUTHGRID-RALPP
>
> This will involve the submission of several hundred 'real' ATLAS
> analysis jobs via the WMS. We would kindly ask the sites to keep an
> eye on their systems during this test and report any problems they
> see. In particular we should like you to be alert for saturation of
> the network between your storage and the worker nodes. If you can grab

> any ganglia plots of activity or any other interesting metrics from
> your side we would be grateful.
>
> The jobs should be submitted in the morning (probably about 10am) but
> I will send another alert when this actually happens.

Hi

The jobs are set to go at 9am tomorrow (UK time), so gulp down that
coffee quickly :-)

Dan has setup some trial monitoring here:

http://gangarobot.cern.ch/st/

where results will be posted as the jobs finish.

Cheers

Graeme

--
Dr Graeme Stewart              http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~graeme/
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, Scotland