I'm running a trial that involves pre and post drug scans. I am expecting that
the drug will increase basal activation in various brain regions.
So far the papers I have read have administered their drug IV while the
participant is in the scanner. As the drug I will be using is to be administered
orally, the participant will be removed from the scanner in between.
I have been told by a collegue that you can't compare basal activation
between sessions because for each session the scanner sets the baseline as
zero and measures changes during the scan as positive or negative relative to
baseline.
As my aim doesnt seem that complicated I'm sure there must be a way round
this. If anyone knows I'd really appreciate the help (prefereably in the most
non-technical way possible).

Kind regards,
Michelle