Note that DARTEL normalised brains don't conform to MNI space anyway - unless
you have taken steps to transform all your warped data from the average
subject space to MNI space.

If you use the Check reg button, you can see how the mask.img relates to the
data you are analysing.  Providing the data are in MNI space, and your mask
corresponds with the nit of data you want to analyse, then there shouldn't be
a problem.

Best regards,
-John