The Engineering Subject Centre is pleased to launch a series of handy
Teaching guides.  Aimed at the busy engineering academic, the booklets
provide a starting point in a number of key areas.  The guides also have
companion versions on the web and it is hoped that the online format will
encourage participation and feedback from the community and that the
resources will then develop interactively over time, ensuring that content
is current and relevant.  Please see http://www.engsc.ac.uk/teaching-guides/
for more information.

We would be grateful if you could circulate the links to colleagues as
appropriate.  We also have publicity postcards for each of the guides and
would be happy to send out these and printed copies of the A5 guides if
useful to you.

Please also visit the web versions to leave your comments and suggestions,
or email me, [log in to unmask] if you would like to know more about what the
resources available from the Engineering Subject Centre.

Best Wishes

Liz Willis
Learning and Teaching Advisor
The Higher Education Academy - Engineering Subject Centre
Loughborough University
01509 227176

Approaches to the Teaching of Design
Andrew McLaren, University of Strathclyde

Enhancing the First Year Experience for Engineering Students
Liz Willis, Engineering Subject Centre

Introduction to Learning and Teaching
Jane Pritchard, University of Bath

Learning and Teaching in Laboratories
Clara Davies, University of Leeds

Personal Tutoring
Elaine M. Smith, Glasgow Caledonian University