And let's not forget - we actually communicated with real people.

I found myself yesterday moaning to an elderly relative about the
nostalgia of looking at traditional/paper newspaper in the 'good old
days' instead of looking at it on the internet.

I often wonder how useful it is that projects such as the one being
undertaken by Google come to fruition - it notes that these resources
have never been looked at will digitising them change that I wonder??  I
think there are many interesting issues attached to this.

Claire Park
Senior Information and Records Officer I Information Team
Lower Gaolyard, The Courts, Carlisle CA3 8NA
T: 01228 221019 F: 01228 606706 E: [log in to unmask]

This e-mail contains confidential information (which may also be
legally privileged) and is intended solely for the use of the
intended named recipient.

If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose,
copy, distribute or retain any part of this message or its
attachments. If you have received this message in error please
notify the originator immediately by using the reply facility in
your e-mail software.

Incoming and outgoing emails may be monitored in line with
current legislation.

All copies of the message received in error should be destroyed.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the original
author. This email message has been scanned for viruses, and
declared to be virus free at the point of exit from Cumbria
County Council's network.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/