Dear All

A quick reminder that the annual information day for professionals is being held
at the British Geological Survey in Keyworth on Friday November 28th.  Details
of the day and booking information are in the advert below.

Thanks
Leilani

Leilani Smith
Corporate Records Manager
British Geological Survey
Keyworth
Nottingham
NG12 5GG

Web: www.bgs.ac.uk

Information Day at the British Geological Survey, Nottingham 28th November
2008

The British Geological Survey invites you to a tour of its information resources,
encompassing its Records Centre, Materials Collections, Library, Enquiry
services, and 3D Visualisation Suite on the morning of Friday, 28th November
2008. The tour will focus on the value of our extensive holdings and how we
manage them. Highlighting land use, both current and historical, the tour will
show the wide variety of information we can provide for engineers, geologists,
planners, academics, consultants and others.

There will also be an opportunity to preview displays and demonstrations that
will be open to the general public on Saturday 29th November, in support of
the national Archives Awareness Campaign 2008
(www.archiveawareness.com). The BGS theme this year is “Communities
Industry and Earth History – How the past influences our environment
(www.bgs.ac.uk).

You are welcome to stay for lunch and, during the afternoon, to explore
individual sections of our archives at greater length.

Due to the nature of our work we are only able to provide this type of access
on an annual basis and places are limited. We hope this is of interest and that
you and your colleagues will be able to attend.

To book a place please contact Becky White, tel: 0115 936 3021, email: