On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Maurizio Teli
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Maybe the sender is not well identified, but r-forge and the r-project
> are really recognized websites in the free software/open source world,
> and starting there, and looking for "RQDA" you can find the link the
> sender pointed to.

I've been using R for quite a while now and I haven't had any virus
and/or other serious  problems.

I initially found the suite a bit tricky to use. It's not as easy, for
example, as Statistica but a few days of playing around with test data
fixed that. And, of course, the price is right!

That said, great care should  always be exercised with downloaded
software as the recent "scandal" involving updates for a well-known
free download manager emphasizes. Ann's warning is, I think, very
appropriate in today's circumstances.

Mike
Michael Mellody
Ecclesia Knowledge Management