Dear All,

6.00-7.30pm, Tuesday, 11 November 2008 – ZSL Scientific Meeting MONITORING OF WILDLIFE: FROM INDIVIDUAL BEHAVOURS TO GLOBAL DISTRIBUTIONS

This Scientific Meeting will explore the surveillance and monitoring techniques used by conservationists to study animals in their natural environments and describe how these findings can improve our understanding and help mitigate the impacts of environmental change.

ZSL Scientific Meetings are free and open to everyone – no need to book in advance but please arrive early as seating is limited; the ZSL Meeting Rooms will be open from 5.15pm on the evening – and seats will only be reserved at the talks for those who have booked to come to the dinner.

The evening has been organised by Drs Chris Carbone, Tom Hart, Ben Collen and Marcus Rowcliffe (Institute of Zoology, ZSL); talks will be given by Professor Martin Wikelski (Max Planck Institute for Ornithology, Germany & Princeton University, USA), Dr Iain Staniland (British Antarctic Survey), Dr Sarah Durant (Institute of Zoology, ZSL) and Dr Roland Kays (New York State Museum, USA); and we will have time for questions following the talks.

DINNER WITH THE SPEAKERS

A 3-course dinner with the speakers will follow this Scientific Meeting. Places for dinner must be booked by Thursday, 6 November – if you would like to come to the dinner, please let me know as soon as possible and before 5pm this Thursday. Please accept my apologies for the late notice and please note that payment for the dinner (£34.00 per guest; the dinner is open to anyone who would like to come) can be made by cheque (made payable to the ‘Zoological Society of London’ and posted to me at the below address) or Visa or MasterCard (please call me on 020 7449 6227 or fax to 020 7449 6411– I will require name(s) of guest(s) and any special dietary requirements as well as the 16-figure card number, expiry date and the name on the card so please include or have this to hand).

Please find full information on this event at www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/whats-on/scientific-meeting-monitoring-of-wildlife,302,EV.html.

Thanks and please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any queries.

Best wishes,

Joy :-)

p.s. a quick REMINDER about the symposium later this month – HALTING THE GLOBAL DECLINE IN AMPHIBIANS: RESEARCH AND PRACTICE – all day on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 November. Tickets are still available and should be booked and paid for in advance (registration deadline Friday 7 November); please see www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/whats-on/amphibian-declines-symposium,293,EV.html for full details.

Joy Hayward

Scientific Meetings Co-ordinator

Zoological Society of London

Regents Park, London NW1 4RY

Tel: +44 (0)20 7449 6227. Fax: +44 (0)20 7449 6411. E-mail: [log in to unmask]. Web: www.zsl.org

ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF LONDON

LIVING CONSERVATION

Registered Charity in England and Wales no. 208728

Please see www.zsl.org/science/scientific-meetings for details of forthcoming scientific events at ZSL.

The Zoological Society of London is incorporated by Royal Charter
Principal Office England. Company Number RC000749
Registered address:
Regent's Park, London, England NW1 4RY
Registered Charity in England and Wales no. 208728

This e-mail has been sent in confidence to the named addressee(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or distribute
it in any form, and you are asked to contact the sender immediately.
Views or opinions expressed in this communication may not be those
of The Zoological Society of London and, therefore, The Zoological
Society of London does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message. The recipient(s) must be aware that e-mail is not a
secure communication medium and that the contents of this mail may
have been altered by a third party in transit.
If you have any issues regarding this mail please contact:

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl, a service from BlackSpider Technologies.

********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk