Judy,

I don't know if Obama is going to make the world a better place; I really don't.  As a non-American, all that I can only hope is that he doesn't sleep with any buttons under his pillow and that he pauses to finish his breakfast before making any life and death decisions.  Boring.  That's it.  I dearly wish that Obama turns out to be really, really ponderous and boring.

Tina

p.s.
I remain convinced that 24's David Palmer character has gone a long way to making a black president a reality.
 -------------------------------------------------------------- [log in to unmask] http://www.fatmandancing.co.uk http://www.myspace.com/fat_man_dancing > Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:07:43 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Barack Obama> To: [log in to unmask]> > I just listened again to the President-Elect's speech of last night in> Chicago, my son's birthplace. And just for you I decided to count the> tissues I used. Twelve tissues.> > > The years, the repression, suppression, anger, frustration, hopelessness,> division, outrage, pain, work, work, desperation, the oh so many years that> we began to---not doubt, but worse---we began to feel as if worthy, loving,> hardworking, generous, selfless elected officials didn't exist for us here,> here in a country that had grown to be an embarrassment to us, a blight and> blindness of misguidings and ignorance. Yet I never never wept----not until> it became clear that one person was committed to showing us our home again.> > > We are home again.> > Judy