I always remember when Christopher Logue read to us in the Nineties:
he had a fantastic reading voice, he was an actor too I believe, he
was appallingly arrogant and demanding, we had to give a taxi for a
five minute walk from the train station, but in his rendition of the
Iliad he made the mistake of quoting Milton: Logue is a very fine
reader of poetry and unfortunately his beautiful delivery of Milton
(and you have to be a fine reader to do Milton satisfactorily, I
couldn't) made War Music sound like papier-mache.

Best

Dave

--
David Bircumshaw