2008/11/11 Douglas Barbour <[log in to unmask]>

> I liked it somewhat Janet, but wanted not just the fragments, but more of
> the broken words like txts.... I assume you were thinking of how 'texting'
> (something I without a cell phone dont do) affects how we think, react? (on
> the other hand, I tend to mistype a lot when e-mailing too, leaving out
> letters).

no, I'd been reading one of the L=A=N=G=UA=G=E poets, Bob Perelman (I think
that's his name -- it was a while ago & right now I can't be bothered to
look it up). A poem made of cut-off sentences. (James Joyce does it in
Ulysses, too, so it's not a new thing.) And it was a boring, self-indulgent
little story. So I moodily savaged it by deleting half the words, quickly
and randomly, and I kind of liked the effect. Make the reader work for
their.

I suppose I *could* put the text messages in, see what that does to it.

Janet

--
I'm looking for writing-related paid work! Performance (my poetry, yours or
someone else's); any kind of writing including technical or corporate;

Janet Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
www.proximitypoetry.com (Poetry)
www.myspace.com/poetjj (Includes occasional arts & culture blog)

The Line Mine, bulletin board for Perth poetry & spoken word:
groups.yahoo.com/group/thelinemine

Breastfeeding info & help: www.breastfeeding.asn.au