Whew! indeed, Stephen. I think many feel the same way, with the dark
knowledge that he has a really tough row to hoe. And very hard times
ahead.

One of the best things about this vote is that it was also for
intelligence & education against ignorance & lack of curiosity about
the world.

Doug
On 5-Nov-08, at 12:20 AM, Stephen Vincent wrote:

> I don't know how many of us share my feeling that Obama's victory
> feels like we - as a republic (and, perhaps, the globe) - have
> (finally) been pulled out of an iron-lung, one in which we have been
> encased for 8 long, paralytic years.
> I am in San Francisco - and earlier this night in Berkeley - but
> there is music and dancing in the streets. Astonished all & happy
> happy happy!
> I know so much needs to be rebuilt, etc., etc., etc. but what is now
> feels good, good & real good.
>
> Whew!
>
> Stephen V
> http://stephenvincent.net/blog/

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

We now know that 95 per cent of the universe is made of the something
other than those 12 particles. And we have very little idea what the
other 95 per cent is, which is kind of embarrassing.

	Brian Cox