From: John Royce [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 November 2008 18:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Turnitin and Windows Vista

Dear Heather,

We don't use Turnitin here - but, out of ignorance, I'm wondering if your
students are submitting their files in .docx format rather than plain .doc?
 Can Turnitin handle Word 2007?

If this is the root of the problem, let me know and I'll post this to the
listserv and get the glory!  If I'm completely wrong I can hide my head in
shame and this private email...

Good luck,  John

John Royce
Library Director : Robert College of Istanbul

Heather Worlledge-Andrew wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Please be patient with a person asking their first question. I have a new
> role at the University of Glasgow in supporting the introduction of Turnitin
> across campus.
>
> I am receiving an increasing number of queries about various problems
> students are encountering when accessing Turnitin on a PC or laptop that is
> running Windows Vista as its operating system.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this for me please? Is Turnitin simply yet
> another piece of kit where I have to shrug and simply inform students that
> it won't work on Vista?
>
> Heather
>

> Heather Worlledge-Andrew Learning Technologies Coordinator   and Subject
Librarian for Psychology