At 17:32 10/11/2008, Heather Worlledge-Andrew wrote:
>Dear All
>Please be patient with a person asking their first question. I have a new
>role at the University of Glasgow in supporting the introduction of Turnitin
>across campus.
>I am receiving an increasing number of queries about various problems
>students are encountering when accessing Turnitin on a PC or laptop that is
>running Windows Vista as its operating system.
>Can anyone shed any light on this for me please? Is Turnitin simply yet
>another piece of kit where I have to shrug and simply inform students that
>it won't work on Vista?

Dear Heather,

I'm a little surprised because I administer Turnitin for UCL and I
use a machine running Vista complete with Office 2007; everything
works perfectly.

Turnitin will accept MS Word files in .docx format as well as the
older .doc format.

As it is a web based product, access to Turnitin should not be
operating system dependent. What sort of problems are they
experiencing? If it's problems with uploading their work they may
have their browser security settings set extremely high. That's about
the only thing I can think of.

When students report to me that Turnitin will not recognise their
username and password we generally find they are trying to connect to
www.turnitin.com instead of www.submit.ac.uk.

regards
Bob

Dr R.E. Muid
Divisional IT Manager - Biosciences
Medical Sciences Building, University College London, Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT
Tel:  020 7679 1399       Internal: 31399
Fax: 020 7679 7149
Mobile: 07957 656664