Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that the IGRS have added a new resource to PORT, our research portal for postgraduate students and researchers in the Modern Languages. We have compiled a series of video-clips offering advice on interdisciplinarity, PhD supervision, the viva and job interviews. The clips feature both senior academics and early-career researchers reflecting on these topics and offering guidance on such issues as: Preparing for your viva, Applying for jobs in the USA and Interview Dos and Don’ts. Follow the link  http://port.igrs.sas.ac.uk/index.htm and click on “Videos”.

While you’re on PORT you might also want to have a look at our excellent Languages sections with their exhaustive lists of research resources in the UK and abroad.

Please forward this email to your research students.

All the best,

Ricarda Vidal

Dr Ricarda Vidal

Lecturer in Visual Culture

Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies
School of Advanced Study
Stewart House, 32 Russell Squ, London WC1B 5DN

phone: 020 7862 8961