-----Original Message-----
From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related
research in Design [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matteo
Visentin
Sent: Sunday, 9 November 2008 6:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for referred definitions of consumer s "Latent Needs"

Good Morning Community,
My name is Matteo, I am looking for definitions of "Latent Need".
Unfortunately I need a reference for every definition. Someone refers to
latent need as tacit need, both the definitions works fine for my study
purpose. I will share a final .pdf with definitions and references. Hope to
receive a lot of comments.

I start with this one:

Latent needs - User needs which the users themselves may not have thought
about but which when met, deliver delight and exceed expectations (see also
Tacit needs ). Gary Davis

http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/en/About-Design/Design-Techniques/Ergonomics
-by-Gary-Davis/Glossary/

Thank you for your collaboration,