From: Jackson, Nelly [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Mon 10/11/2008 10:46
To: Undisclosed recipients
Subject: Procurement for the PEGASUS Evaluation

Dear Colleague

We have received a few calls that applicants who are interested in the procurement process cannot find the details for tendering on our website.  The path is:

http://www.sct.screening.nhs.uk/Vacancies.htm

I would be grateful if you can please forward to your networks.

Many thanks

Nelly Jackson
NHS Sickle Cell & Thalassaemia Screening Programme
Tel: 020 7848 6634
Fax: 020 7848 6620
www.sct.screening.nhs.uk

The NHS Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Screening Programme's consolidated annual report for 2004- 2007 is now available.   Please see full document at http://www.sct.screening.nhs.uk/publications.htm

Dear Colleague

Please be informed that the procurement for the Evaluation of the PEGASUS Network has started, the brief including details on how to submitt a proposal can be found on the following website, http://www.sct.screening.nhs.uk

The NHS Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Screening Programme now wish to commission a formative evaluation of the PEGASUS Programme to help inform and direct the SCT programmes' education and training strategy over the next five years and to help share good practice and learning with other NHS services facing similar issues in implementation.

The NHS SC&T Programme was set up in 2001 following years of lobbying by health care professionals and the voluntary sector culminating in the ministerial commitment in the NHS Plan (2000) to improve the provision of screening services.

The SC&T Programme was set up to deliver the following linked programmes:

·        The newborn sickle cell screening programme; to achieve the lowest possible childhood mortality and morbidity rates from sickle cell disease by offering screening in the newborn period.

·        The antenatal sickle cell & thalassaemia screening programme: to offer effective and appropriate sickle cell, thalassaemia  and other haemoglobin variants to all eligible women and couples in a timely manner in pregnancy.

The brief including details on how to submitt a proposal can be found on the following website, http://www.sct.screening.nhs.uk

Please forward the details to your networks.

Many thanks

Best wishes